Tuesday, July 21, 2009

i have this one poem that i love so much. it's excerpt from 100 love sonnets (Cien Sonetos De Amor) by Pablo Neruda. if there's one guy who quoted this poem to me, i would definitely melt away. it's considered among the best love poem and i would love to share it with you...... here it goes....

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, 
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. 
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms 
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; 
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, 
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. 
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride 
so I love you because I know no other way than this 

Where “I” does not exist, nor “You”, 
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, 
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

sound familiar? it was used in the movie "Patch Adam".