Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The good thing about being Malaysian, we are visa exempted to most of the countries, or at least VOA (visa on arrival :P). But unfortunately, China is not in the list. Being among the Top 10 countries for China's tourist sourced countries doesn't seem to mean anything. You still need to apply for visa. Well, except if you want to go to Hong Kong & Macau (for which Hong Kong is no longer part of China's mainland). This would be my very first visa application to visit a country! (Excluding visa that I applied online to Australia).

Anyway, I made an appointment with the visa application service centre on last Monday, 9th June. The visa itself cost MYR 30 and the centre charged MYR 55 on top of that as fee. This is indeed the easiest way to apply instead of going to the embassy directly. If you want to know more about the application, just drop by to VisaForChina website.

My appointment was at 9am and I arrived an hour early to the centre. Went out earlier to avoid traffic (if you're using train, you can stop at Ampang Park station). The service centre located in Hampshire Place Office building, next to Megan Avenue. When I arrived, there were line of around 8 people at the very front door. It was 30 mins to 9am!. I was lucky I made an appointment prior to going to the centre. I was given the first number, called upon, submit my application and finished within 2 mins! My application is expected to be completed on 12 June.

I hope there isn't any issue with my application. I have my Japan trip coming up on 17th. and I need my passport for that.