Friday, May 30, 2014

This hiking adventure happened last year in December. The gang and I has planned for the hike to Mount Irau for years. And we have actually went up to Cameron, twice, for the hike, but no success. Our so-called guide was a no-show, twice.

Anyway, I then took over to plan the hike. I asked an acquaintance whether he can be our guide, but unfortunately he couldn't. But luckily he referred me to his friend, Bob. For a small fee, Bob agreed to guide us. At last the plan seem work out. Near to the date, half of the gangs back out until it left only five of us; Vijay, Fong, Adel, Prakas and me. We carry on with the plan anyway.

We started the journey to Cameron at around 2am. I was the first driver but as I was too tired and sleepy, I asked Prakash if he can take over. I can't drive long distance. I would definitely snooze off. We arrived at Tanah Rata around 5am in the morning and met our guide there. Bob brought his friend along for the hike. Hey, the more the merrier. :P

We parked somewhere, I can't recall, but we went up using 4 wheel drive. A big mossy forest sign welcomes you with a series of stairs. The trail towards Mount Irau starts right after the last stair going down.

the entrance

the last stair. mount irau trail start after.

It was around 3 - 4 hours hike and the view is like no others. Like most mossy forrest, the trail is, yupe u guessed it, mossy. It was like hiking in a different world. The view was amazing! The trail itself was easy to moderate.

our guide, Bob was way ahead of us.







We arrived at the peak at around mid day. 12pm+. I just have bread for lunch. The usual chocolate bread from Gardenia. That just not enough. On our way back, I felt sooooo hungry it almost make me sick. I felt like vomiting the whole way back! I should have tapau nasi lemak. 

During my way back, I have this hallucination that I'm so near the stair, which trademark the trek is over. I swear I saw the stair only a few steps in front of me and that Fong has already climb it. When i get nearer, the stair wasn't there at all and it was another 1 hour trek towards the stair from that point.

So, please bring enough food for hiking.